If there was ever a staple in the Jost family recipe collection Holiday Potatoes tops the list (it’s also safe to add Sicilian (sort of like fettucini mid-west style), baked beans, and any type of grilled meat). My friend Emily Jones (aka Thai Bride) requested the recipe yesterday (I’m sure she had it at our house one Easter during college) so here you go!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 10 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes (my mom uses Frosted Flakes which I love but isn’t everyone’s favorite)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Combine potatoes, melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Add onion, soup, sour cream and cheese; mix well.
- Put in 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Top with topping mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.